Volunteers collect, store, and deliver donated furniture and other household items, free of charge, to needy families in the Annandale, Bailey’s Crossroads, and Culmore areas.
The furniture is stored in a building donated by Annandale United Methodist Church. ACCA receives requests for furniture through Fairfax County human services staff and specialized agencies, churches, and schools. ACCA churches and community volunteers take turns providing teams of volunteers to work at the warehouse located at 6935 Columbia Pike on Saturday mornings.
Donating Furniture and Household Items
Three steps to donating your furniture/household items
- Review this list of what we can and cannot accept.
Furniture Items Needed and Acceptable
- Beds (all sizes except King) – mattress and box springs only NO FRAMES/HEADBOARDS/Futons/Sleep Sofas
- Chest of Drawers
- Dining & Kitchen Tables and Chairs (No glass tops or extra large/heavy)
- Living Room Chairs (NO RECLINERS)
- Coffee and End Tables (No glass tops)
- Sofas/Love Seats – “72” inches/6 feet or shorter (No sleep sofas or sectional or recliner types)
- Televisions – working digital TVs only, NO analog television sets.
- Bed Sheets, Blankets and Pillows
- Microwave Ovens that Work
- Rugs (8 x 10 or smaller only, clean and rolled)
- Lamps (Only floor and table top)
- Sleep Sofas, Futons and Recliner Chairs
- Sectional Sofas or Very Large sofas (longer than “72” inches ) NO CARGO FURNITURE
- Large Cabinets and Hutches, Bookcases, Credenzas
- Desks and Office Equipment, Computers
- Floor Model Television Sets
- Entertainment Centers, China Cabinets
- Baby Cribs and Mattresses and Baby Car Seats
- Bunk Beds and Captain Beds (yes for the mattresses)
- Large (beyond 8 x 10) or Wall-to-Wall Carpets
- Old Fashioned Bed Springs and all Bed Frames or Headboards
- Electric Heaters
- Large Appliances (No stoves, freezers or refrigerators)
- Glass Top Tables
- Pots, Pans, Dishes, Flatware, Coffee Makers, Toasters
2. Review this map which shows the area where ACCA can pick up your items.
Area served by ACCA
3. If you have an item on our list (above) and live in our area, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your address, telephone number and what you would like to donate. We look forward to hearing from you.
Volunteers are needed to assist with delivering furniture and also to pick up donations of household items from the community. Register now. We also need volunteers to communicate with volunteers by phone (in Spanish, English, and other languages), help with administrative tasks in the warehouse, and key in computer information (which volunteers can do from home using a program like Microsoft Word).
To participate in this program, either by donating furniture or by volunteering, contact email@example.com.